Saturday, November 10, 2012

Pops and Mimi Came to See Me!

uh, us, but that doesn't rhyme!  We love it when Pops and Mimi come to town.  First of all, if you don't know our Pops, then let me tell you about him.  He can get more done in one weekend than 10 normal guys get done in a whole year.  Seriously, if you don't have a list of projects waiting on him, then he'll just start doing things, like cutting out the sheet rock under your stairs to make more storage and adding electrical outlets in the garage.  And he makes homemade donuts.  He's got best Pops of the Year ALL wrapped up!  Have you heard about our Mimi?  She likes lists too, especially lists that are all checked off.  Mimi is an organizing queen.  She knows where you should hang things on your wall.  And she's award winning at giving Kate baths, washing the dishes after dinner, and playing UNO - who knew?  Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of the things I just mentioned, but never fear, I do have pictures! :o)
Welcome to Wichita!  Side note ... the ICT airport is so not huge.  As in, once you cross through security, I hope you're not hungry, because there is one pitiful snack stand and that's it.  You do NOT want to get stuck here - ask me how I know!  However, that little girl in the pink coat that runs to greet you makes up for all that.

This is when Kate started talking to Mimi.  She did not stop until we had to drop Mimi off here a week later.

Pops, let me show you how to download a few apps.

I guess it's not all work when Pops is here!

I remember doing this as a little girl - mom, is there a picture?

Pops lets Will and Kate wake him up whenever they wake up ... Pops is a brave, brave man.

It is such a blessing to watch my parents love my children.

These would be the donuts. D-licious.


We went to a new pumpkin patch this year.  A beautiful, working farm, pumpkin patch.  I liked it so much, that if we ever move away from Kansas, I would probably still want to come back to this patch every fall.  AND, let the pumpkin patch pictures commence.

First up, mining for "stones and bones".  Will was in his element and Mimi brought back her 3rd grade teacher self before we knew what happened.

Kate was in an element too ... like look out, or you'll get wet!


He could have done this all day long.

These are my favorite moments to capture.

It took a little convincing, but once we got her down the first slide, there was no looking back!

The very best and our very favorite, Pops and Mimi.

Another one of those moments ... and proof of their love just in case I need it during the teenage years!


The ginormous bouncing pillow - who comes up with this stuff?

Kate trying really hard to get her brave on.





Punkin' Chunkin' ... if you click on the picture to enlarge it, you can see Will's pumpkin flying through the air just over the peak of the barn roof.

I was walking with my mama when I took this one and I told her "I can't help myself" - it's true.

Cutest little cutie playing hide and seek with Pops

On top of the world!


Picture perfect pumpkin patch"iness"

I say to John all the time, "I just love our family."  The LORD has been so good to us.

It would not be a pumpkin patch visit if you came home without hay in your shoes.


I'm pretty sure he's not gonna grow up.

This slide actually went through the side of a "mountain" ... Kate wasn't going to ride without Will!


I'm tellin' ya ... best patch ever!

Oh dear.

Well, it looks like Pops likes these moments too ... or maybe Mimi told him to take it.

Is there any better way to travel in a pumpkin patch than flying through the air?


On the hayride out to pick our pumpkins




Silly Pops, I'm a girl ... there's no way I would pick the first pumpkin I pick up, or the second, or the third ...

Love these two!



Pops had to go back to work on Monday, but Mimi spent the rest of the week with us.  Please come back soon - we miss you already!!!





















No comments:

Post a Comment